Monday, January 7

Today is kumran.






I have no idea how this post will turn out as I'm posting it in Nexus Arts Cafe on my phone using my phone camera. But I'm too excited to wait! (I'll add better photos later)

RE:Stacks is without a doubt a song I completely love, especially the meanings behind it and what it means to Justin Vernon of Bon Iver.

What it means to me is (and on this website) is that there is three ways to deal with hard points in your life: 1. let it damage you, and ruin your life, 2. ignore it, pretend you're fine, ultimately leading to the first way. Or 3. holding what has happened to you or what you are brought down by like a badge of honour, remembering it always, making you stronger and moving forward in your life every day.

I haven't yet told anyone about this tattoo because its very personal to me (I realise all tattoos are personal as I'm typing this, I just mean its not like I've just got some flowers on my hip to look nice etc.) I've really needed something to shock me out of how down I've been for the past few months, I'm in a gorgeous city with lovely friends and nothing is particularly wrong with my life, yet a few things are making me miss all the positive parts of my life and only focusing on the negative.

Worse of all not talking to anyone about it and pushing myself into a bubble, even though I'm a very independent person who likes time to myself anyway, it's a dangerous position to be alone when you're down, pretending to be fine with others. I need to remember to not ignore the hard parts in my life, yet to not let them take over completely.

So yeah, that's the only post like this I'll hopefully ever write, it's much nicer posting about make up and clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments, if you would like a quicker reply tweet me @chloetea_